LEGAL & REGULATORY EXPERIENCE
- President, American Immigration Lawyers Association, CFC, (1999-2000)
- Florida Bar Professional Ethics Committee (2009-2013)
- Florida Bar Continuing Education Committee (2010-2013)
- Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee (1998-1999)
- Board Certified in 1997 as an Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Florida Bar.
- Board Certified Emeritus from 2005-2015, Immigration and Nationality Law by the Florida Bar
- Board Certification Committee, where Mr. Weiner wrote and graded the Florida Bar Board Certification exam for Immigration and Nationality Law (2001-2007)
- Member: American Immigration Lawyers Association (1989-Present)
- Lecturer: American Immigration Lawyers Association (1992-present)
- Mr. Weiner has attended over 5,000 administrative hearings
- INS Eastern Regional Liaison Committee (1991-1992);
- Chair, Advanced Immigration Law Seminar for the Florida Bar and the American Immigration Lawyers
Association, St. Petersberg, Fl., (2000)
- Recipient of the Outstanding Legal Award from the Saint Ignacio Law School, Buenos Aires, Argentina, (2004)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association Board of Governors (1999-2000)
- Member American Chamber of Commerce, Lima, Peru; Frankfurt, Germany and Prague, Czech Republic.
- Czech Bar Association, 2005-2014;
- Frequent media spokesperson for immigration.
- Contributing articles editor for the China World Journal.
Mr. Weiner has lectured extensively on US Immigration law worldwide since 1992, including:
- Caracas, Venezuela; Montreal, Canada; Curitiba, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cuenca and Quito, Ecuador; Dublin, Ireland; Prague, Czech Republic; Frankfurt, Germany; Skopje, Macedonia; Belgrade, Serbia, Zagreb, Croatia; Bar, Montenegro; Cape Town, South Africa; Cali, Colombia and Shanghai, China.
- Ethics in a Down Market, March, 2009;
- Immigration on ICE, Business Review, September 2008;
- The Need for a Bilateral Investment Treaty Between the U.S. and the P.R.C., vol. 1, Lewis and Clark School of Law, Summer, 1987;
- The L1-A Intracompany Visa: Investing and Immigrating to the U.S.A., Florida Bar International Law Quarterly, Summer, 1993;
- A Solo Practitioner’s Nightmare: The Immigrant, Hillsborough County Lawyer, October 1993;
- The Visa Guide, which was written in Spanish and presented at a 1992 seminar in Caracas, Venezuela;
- Numerous publications on US Immigration Law in languages such as: Portuguese, Serbian, German and Chinese; and
- Currently completing a law review article entitled, “Constitutional Rights of Non-Citizens.”
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter (1989-Present; Past President, 1999-2000)
- Phi Delta Phi (Secretary, 1987-1988)
- Board of Directors, Prospera (2019-Present)
CERTIFICATIONS AND SPECIALTIES
- Law degree from the People’s Republic of China. East China University of Political Science and Law (1987)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Mr. Weiner is easily accessible to all of our immigration clients. While our headquarters is located Tampa and Miami, Florida, we have allied offices in Prague, Czech Republic, New Delhi, India, Lima, Peru, Shanghai, China and Guayaquil, Ecuador. This provides our clients access worldwide, no matter where they are.
The mission is to help every person who is pursuing the dream of coming to the United States. We believe our country’s strength lies in its diversity. Through the efforts of our team of attorneys, paralegals, and staff, we seek to develop legal and ethical strategies and provide outstanding service to every client, with a commitment to excellence; empathize with each client throughout the complex immigration process, understand their dreams, and celebrate their joys and successes; foster a positive and team-oriented work environment, where our mutual respect for each other and our excitement for our work is shared with our clients; and educate our clients and the immigrant community with our continually expanding, cutting-edge knowledge of immigration laws and regulations.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Focus on L, E, O, P, H, R, J and Q non-immigrant visas for the USA
- EB-5 “Employment Creation” permanent resident visas
- Worksite compliance
- Family petitions, ‘Green Cards’
- Consular interviews
- Pre-immigration business and tax planning
- Permanent residency via employment and investment
- Cross-border transactions
- International finance and investor visas
- Multi-national corporate structuring
- WTO and other international arbitration covenants
- International Intellectual Property
- Complex business transactions
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 1983 B.A. (Asian History)
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 1988 J.D
- East China Institute of Politics and Law, Shanghai, P.R.C., (Law diploma, 1987)
WILL FIGHT TO PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW
- Mark Weiner is an Elite Immigration and Nationality Attorney.
- His practice is dedicated to business and family immigration.
- Mr. Weiner’s international practice includes representation of business clients in cross-border transactions, international corporate structuring, intellectual property issues, in-bound and out-bound investment, and customs matters